To import questions into Beacon, navigate to Manage > Question Library. first need to download the template file and save it to a convenient location.
- Click on
- In the resulting window, click on Template in step 1 to download the template .csv file.
- Fill out the .csv file with all information to be imported, then attach it to the importer.
- Ensure the file is saved as .csv or the import will not succeed.
- Questions can be imported into all document type that your organization may use.
- There are few restrictions for each library and those restrictions mirror the setup of questions in each library.
- Each row in the file will be imported as one question with the appropriate settings. The table below is a guide for acceptable inputs in each column.
- Click the Import button to import the questions into the library.
- Do not delete nor modify the contents of the header row from the template
- Save the file as a .csv
- If a column is Required, then the value must be present in each row.
Column A, C, and E are the bare minimum for an import
Column Eligible Value (pick one if multiple are listed) Note Template type/ Activity* "LPA" / "5S" / "Safety" / "Blank" / "Scored" / "Customer Survey" / "Supplier Quality Audit" / '"Custom Template Type" Required Title Text Optional Question* Text Required Reason Text Optional Response Type* "Pass_Fail" / "Score" / "Free_Form" Required Required "Yes" / "No" Optional, if blank then 'Yes' is selected Photo Input "Off'" / "Optional" / "Required" / "Required_Fail" Optional, if blank then 'Optional' is selected Mitigation "Off" / "Optional" / "On" Optional,defaults to 'On' for Pass/Fail and to ‘Off’ for Score if no value entered under 'Minimum Passing Score' Alternate Responsible Party "Off" / "On" Optional,defaults to 'Off' Score Integer (1-10) Required if Response type is 'Score', must be empty otherwise Minimum passing score Integer (0-Score) Optional, if empty then no pass range is defined. Must be empty if response type is not 'Score' tag1 Text Optional, if the tag does not currently exist, then create it. tag2 Text Optional, if the tag does not currently exist, then create it. tag3 Text Optional, if the tag does not currently exist, then create it. tag4 Text Optional, if the tag does not currently exist, then create it. tag5 Text Optional, if the tag does not currently exist then create it Scope Text Optional, must be one of the scopes listed under Admin> Organization> Scopes.