Note: Scopes are contingent on the Organization Tree, ensure the org tree is complete before creating scopes.
Scopes are assigned to users and dictate where they are eligible to perform audits. Beacon does much of the heavy lifting and automatically creates scopes for each Site, Workgroup and Workcenter in the organization tree. In many cases these default scopes will be sufficient, however if a user audits multiple specific locations spread across a site it may be necessary to create a custom scope.
Some examples of when to use a custom scope include:
- In a workcenter with 5 workstations, an auditor should only ever audit stations 1, 4, and 5.
- In a site with 4 workgroups, an auditor is only responsible for audits on workgroups 3 and 4.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Scopes.
- Click to create a new scope.
- Provide a name for the scope.
- Check the locations to be included in this scope.
- Click Save to save.
- Click on the name of the scope to see the details.
- To change the name of the scope, click on the current name.
- To change the locations included in the scope, check or uncheck the desired locations.
- Click .