This Page lists out all feasible options available to customize the document based on the specific requirement of the team. The page has different sections that can have varied options based on the template type of the document (Example: option for schedule maximums for each layer).
This Section can be used to define and customize the Document's ...... Listed below are all the settings that can be altered.
- Locations : All the Locations within your Organization that this document can be used to Audit. When the user clicks on this field they are navigated to a new page listing the Org tree based on the Users' scope. They can select one or more locations to enable the document only for those specific Locations.
- Organization Tier : 'Organization Tier' field gives the Audit Author the ability to specifically define the tier where the documents can be used for an audit. Example: The Document's scope can be a Site (Set in Locations field) but the Audit Author can ensure it is being used to Audit only the Work Stations under the Site.
- When a document is created the default organization tier enabled is always the lowest available organization tier.
- Status : A document can have multiple Status like Draft, Active, InReview, or Inactive. Based on the Status changes the Revision of the Document also gets updated.
- Draft - The document is in revision and is currently being modified. When a document is in draft mode, all audits assigned using the document will not have any updates/changes made to the document after the status changed from Active to Draft.
- In Review - A document can get into this state only when it has Approvers listed under the 'Approvers' tab of the Document. This Status indicates that the document revision is currently actively being reviewed by a list of document approvers.
- Active - This revision is the version of the document being used when audits are assigned
- Inactive - A document in Inactive state indicates that it was once a live document but is now disabled or no longer being used.
- Revision : Every time the document questions are worked upon the document revision is upgraded. This is done so that all changes can be tracked accurately. Revision tracking also allows users to refer to any of the older revisions of the document listed under 'History' tab of the documents.
- Alternate Manager : When a document is initially created this field is left blank by default. 'Alternate Manager' field can be used when the Audit Author would like to specifically list the user to whom all mitigations created when using this document for an audit get assigned to.
- The document can only have 1 alternate manager that gets assigned mitigations from any site the document is used at.
- If an Alternate Manager is defined for a document they supersede any Location Manager in the Org Tree but can be overriden by Alternate Responsible Party in the Question Settings. Please see Responsible Party Article for more details.
This accordion gives users the ability to change or edit certain custom features so that they have the flexibility to arrange the questions within the document or allow users to edit the location of the document before starting the audit. Below are all the details of the options available in this accordion.
- Group Questions - This is a beneficial feature that can be enabled if the Audit Author would like to group certain question together with in the document. Example: A set of questions for a specific characteristic/feature of a part are grouped together. All questions in a group show up on the same page while conducting an audit.
- Require Comments on Fail - If enabled this mandates the 'Comments' section listed below the responses for all the questions in the audit in case of a failure. There by enforcing the user to enter details before the audit can be submitted.
- When a new document is created this field is enabled by default, enforcing users to enter comments when a failure occurs
- Allow Auditors to Change Location before starting the Audit - Enabling this allows auditors to change the location of the audit before they begin.
- Audit Authors can enable this feature for any existing documents and the changes will apply to all scheduled, not started audits and all future audits
- When the auditor gets an email, the location of the audit also has the term 'Changeable' to indicate they are not required to do the audit at the location listed.
- Minimum Passing Score - This option is available for all documents belonging to any template type except the system 'Layered Process Audit' template type. An Audit Author can set a minimum value to determine if the Audit is successful.
This accordion works best for LPA documents (template types having 'Scheduled By Layer' enabled') as in this section the user can define the layer this document is eligible for and also specify a limit on the number of times it can be assigned to a specific layer when assigning audits using randomization. This is however an option available for any template type not having 'Schedule By Layer' enabled as well, but for non-LPA documents we do not list any layers. This field is used to determine the document maximums that is used in calculations when determining the audit schedules. Check out our webinar on how scheduling works.
Miscellaneous Additional Options
Options available at the top right corner of the page can be used to delete or unplublish a document.
- Delete - Please note 'Documents once deleted cannot be retrieved'.
- Unpublish - User can un-publish a document thereby ensuring no audits can be assigned using this document.