The following items should be completed during the trial period to create the greatest impact. During the trial these items should be highly targeted to a subset of the organization to reduce complexity and show value.
- Construct the Organization Tree - Focus on one area of the facility for the greatest impact.
- Edit the departments in Beacon to match your organization.
- Add Users - Focus on a small group that is relevant to the area of the facility that was setup in the organization tree.
Once out of the trial and in a paid version of Beacon, complete the following items:
- Complete the Organization Tree - Add any remaining business units and locations.
- Add any additional departments to match the organization.
- Create Scopes if custom scopes are required.
- Create Shifts if necessary.
- Verify or create Layers if Layered Process Audits will be utilized.
- Add remaining Users
When everything is complete, trial or full setup, return to the Home menu. The following steps require a copy of audits currently being conducted at the site.
- Using the copy of the audit currently in use, create a new document and add all required questions. Once complete, ensure that the document is both Published and Active.
- Schedule events using the scheduler.
- Go to My Activities.
- Conduct any audits due today.
- Review collected data in the Reports section