General mitigation settings can be found under Admin > Beacon Config > Mitigation Settings.
When an audit check is failed it creates a non-conformance which is assigned to a manager who is responsible for taking steps to mitigate the issue.
Non-conformance behavior can be set on a per-question basis. Each question,has the following options which can be selected when editing.
- Off - A non-conformance is never created for this question, regardless of pass or fail.
- Optional - A fail on the question will not force a non-conformance, however one can be created at will.
- Required on Fail - A non-conformance is automatically created if the question fails.
When an audit is submitted with a non-conformance, several events occur:
- An email is sent to the responsible party informing them of the non-conformance and prompting them to login to Beacon to close it.
- A mitigation item is created that can be tracked on the Reports and Open Mitigations tab.
- A new entry is created under My Mitigations and Approvals for the responsible party.
LPA Specific Behavior
When an LPA check is failed, it requires the selection of a Failure Category and Mode
Closing a Mitigation
- Enter any comments that reflect the steps taken to mitigate the issue in the text box.
- Close the mitigation.
Default Mitigation Values
The following are the default mitigation values for each audit and response type: